Author Topic: DX Report 1/1/17  (Read 767 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 1/1/17
« on: January 01, 2017, 04:52:14 AM »
New year upon us and let's hope for some good contacts in the next twelve months.

A couple things to mention, there are a few stations using the suffix YOTA, this means " Youngsters On The Air." I worked one station in South Africa with the call ZS9YOTA 2143Z on 14.195. I have noticed there are others appearing.

The only other item to mention is there is activity from the South Pole KC4AAA is on with six element mono bander for 20 meters. Very good signal 14.243 0130Z This was the first contact in 2017, This station is active just about every night on twenty usually 14.240.250 etc running simplex. For those of you having a beam antenna aim South and the signal will pick up greatly in signal strength.

And I am sure you are aware that NPOTA came to an end at 0000Z, those who were chasing National Parks certainly had a lot of stations to work.

That is it for the first day of 2017, so let's hope for more to come in the new year. Oh, Nothing heard, or worked from the latest 8Q7 venture, surely someone will be able to get a good signal this way at some point. More on the second operation in January later..