Author Topic: DX Expeditions for December 2016  (Read 790 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Expeditions for December 2016
« on: December 09, 2016, 06:26:30 PM »
We do have a few on the list, if all of them indeed do operate there will be some good ones, but then again we know how it goes with expeditions, or holiday operations.

4S7RS  12/10-12/13 short three days, maybe workable, maybe not.

VK9NM well as in the past these operations have been on and off, mostly off, if you can catch them great if not, well there may be another day. 12/19-12/26 as I said before do not hold your breath.

JD1BMH another operation from Ogasawara 12/23 -1/1/17. Last attempt was seldom heard.

T88GA short operation 12/25-12/29.

ZS8Z if this one gets going should stir up a pile callers 12/26 -1/6/17 and according to the info I have beyond that time

T8CW well if you miss the short operation you have another chance 12/26/-1/6/17 seems like this one has become pretty common but they certainly will generate a pile of stations calling.

Granted, none of these are written in stone, some we will hear and some we will not, depending on operating times and propagation.

Some will never make a single contact, so we take our chances and listen. I have also heard there is a second group that will activate 3Y Bouvet Island besides the major expedition planned for 2017. My feelings on this are more power to them, anytime this entity is activated by anyone it will generate a pile up, so if we have two chances of working it hooray, hooray!

If this is indeed a fact we should have some details shortly to follow, otherwise, it may be just a product of the rumor mill.