Author Topic: DX Contest report  (Read 782 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Contest report
« on: November 27, 2016, 04:22:38 AM »
This one was not the best in regards to conditions, but it was not the worst. Oddly, twenty stayed open late in the evening, I was working my last station around 11PM and that has not happened for some time. What was on during this contest? Lots of activity from South America, Europe and a few stations from Africa. The Pacific brought a few VK stations, and KH6 nothing much else. Lots of activity from China and Japan, no other activity from Asia other then the  UA9 and UA0.

We did not work 15 much, the band was not that good and ten meters not worth the effort. Overall, we gained nothing in the form of new countries, did not expect that would happen.

I did not do any low band work this time, 40 meters chances of working anything new were slim, so just worked for the most part 20 and was content. More on the contest tomorrow when it concludes. Propagation reports were the magnetic activity was down and the solar flux rose a couple of points to 81, still not great, but then again we are in the middle of the cycle and it can go either way.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:26:21 AM by k4lrx »