Author Topic: DX Report 10/17/16  (Read 799 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 10/17/16
« on: October 17, 2016, 06:37:46 AM »
It is the beginning of a new week and it appears band conditions have taken a turn for the worse, quite a let down, but that is the way it goes in the DX world.

We did not see any operation from T31T over the weekend, they may have packed it up for something else, or just some time off for R and R, time will tell.

There has been no activity from 8Q7DK I do not hold my breath on this entity as to activation, seems like when ever some says there are going there to operate, it never happens. We are now into two days of the time frame where this operation was supposed to have taken place. No one, no spots any where. Over the years we worked this one when it was VS9, plus a few under the new call of 8Q7, they have been scattered, visitors to the island, quick operation, then gone.

Same for 9N with in the same basic time frame, no one has heard a thing, or have they been spotted anywhere, any band. The most dependable single op in Nepal for years was 9N1MM, those of us that are old timers remember Father Moran. The only big operation was a few years ago a group used the prefix 9N7, made lots of contacts. Since that time, nothing.

V6Z looks promising, it has been activated before, so this one may show up in the next few days. Ok, time will tell on the other two mentioned, but I do not look for much activation.

Let's see what the week brings us?