Author Topic: DX Comments  (Read 866 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Comments
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:35:28 AM »
While the bands are poor might be a good time to check your antennas, enter contacts in your computer log, or check for ones you missed in the turmoil of contesting, or logged the contacts and forgot to confirm them.

I for one have been involved in a project of entering all of my DX contacts on the QRZ logging program. It has been a monumental task and I am not finished with all the entries. My old paper logs left much to be desired and my handwriting was never that good.

With the QRZ program I can break down my contacts with entities, mode, or bands.. makes it a lot easier then searching through a paper log book.

Now to other news, I went the route of OQRS for FW5JJ still no confirmation, beginning to think this one is a lost cause. 4W6TT also one that has not responded via the direct route, or via the state side manager route as of this date.

We are holding off sending in any qsl cards to the league for endorsements on my DX challenge until I have 100 of them. I am close with 87, so those that owe me one I wish they would get with the program.

QRZ is pretty pitiful in DX confirmations, seems like the response is about 1% of course my contacts go back to 1958, so with all fairness the figure represents DXing since 1958. Recently, we have found that many DX stations do not bother with confirming contacts, I have several who have never responded, yet they have seen my request.

EQSL is much better with confirmed contacts, lots of them, thing is none of them count towards DXCC or DX Challenge. Pity..

Oh, the past S79 expedition was supposed to be for 13 days, with the combined effort it may have a half day. LX9YL promoted on various sites, but not much operating and only a few stations from Europe reported hearing this station.

So be it, the information I pass on about DX Expeditions is not set in stone, some make it, others do not, take it for what it is, we know how things can change at the last minute.

Let's hope for improved conditions, the bands are terrible.