Author Topic: DX Report 5/6/15  (Read 797 times)

k4lrx

• Global Moderator
DX Report 5/6/15
« on: May 06, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »
With the summer doldrums and the continued poor bands this is a good time to catch up on your qsl chores, or antenna projects. From my perspective I am still logging all my dx contacts on QRZ.com and may be at this for some time. We have just a few good ones to report, so let's see what we have heard in the last 24 hours.

J49TSL if you can catch this one great, but they are elusive. 10.103 0300Z, 18.105 0100Z.

FK8CE 10.107 0735Z.

HI8RD nice to hear something from that area, 18.135 0330Z.

FW5JJ still no card has ever appeared, we  have hope. 21.020 2245Z.

ZW0FWA this is Fernando De Norohona not on that much, but 28.390 2215Z for several contacts.

As to the A 52 operation so far it has not happened. Last operation of any endurance was A52PN once he was shut down by the government, little to no activity has resulted. Last couple of operations were not heard, or worked in this area. They were on so little that few even heard them, or worked the station in this area.

We continue to watch... XU7TZG is a Belgian operator and was on 15 meters for an extensive amount of time, check earlier reports. I also received confirmation via QRZ.com, plan to send regular card in the next few days. Op claims that all qsls will be answered with in two days of receipt. Include two green stamps.

Signal strength was not outstanding, but workable, try beam heading if you are close to my area of 345degrees, signal peaks at that point, but not much above an S3 or S4.

As to VU4 operations, well we are writing this one off, no qsl has ever appeared even tho a state side manager was provided. No one seems to be taking care of business with this one.

More later.. Good DX.